Pear Rosemary Cocktails
I have a confession you guys. I was hosting a dinner party for my birthday and I had a vision of me answering the door and offering people a signature cocktail. How fancy is that, right. So I found one and changed it just ever so slightly. I have since hosted two dinner parties where this was the sig.cock. (you can't abbreviate that word, apparently) and it was such a hit both times. Salut!
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups water
- 2 whole pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large chunk of ginger, peeled and diced
- 20 fresh rosemary leaves + additional for garnish
- 1 bottle of your favourite sparkling wine or champers (guys chill on the price of this one k, you're putting syrup in it #putdownthemoet)
Puttin it together:
- In a saucepan combine the honey and water over medium heat and bring to a light boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has dissolved completely. Add the pears, ginger and sage leaves. Simmer until the mixture has reduced by 1/3 (15 mins).
- Strain the syrup into a large mason jar (because you are a hipster, face it). Discard the ginger and rosemary leaves. Chill in the fridge over night.
- To assemble, put 1-2 tablespoons of the simple syrup (seriously no more than that). Add the bubbles and enjoy telling people you have a sig.cock!