As my loyal following knows by now, I am a self-professed soup queen. You can imagine my shock (read: horror) when my brothy creation (adapted lovingly from my fave food blogger here) gave not only myself but my dear huz nightmares last night.
Hence the aptly named Nightmare Soup. Not that I would wish nightmares on anyone, but would love to know if someone makes it and also has a nightmare.
(btw: this soup is outrageously delicious).
1 cube veg boullion
6 cups of water
2 carrots, spiralized
kale, shred that mofo
green onion, chopped
noodles of choice (recco rice noodles)
1 tbsp of chili flakes (I mean to put less in but spilled... was this the culprit?)
A handful of dried mushrooms (was this the culprit?)
1 inch fresh ginger, chopped finely
Sesame seeds (some)
3 cloves garlic, smashed
Pinch of sea salt
Dash of sesame oil
Put it together:
1. Chop the dried mushrooms finely so there are no #mushroomsurprises. Chop the ginger. Smash the garlic.
2. In sesame oil, sautee the shrooms, garlic and ginger until your house smells amazing.
3. Add to veg broth (boullion + water). Add a pinch of sea salt and add chili flakes to your hearts content. Let simmer for, like... a long time.
4. If you have a spiralizer, spiralize the carrots for max noodle effect. You won't be sorry you did. When you're ready to eat, add the carrots + rice noodles to the broth + kale and a smidge more sesame oil. Cook until noodles are cooked to your desire.
5. Serve it up, and add sesame seeds and green onions. I'm sure you could happily add tofu (or chicken if that's your thing). Slurp slurp slurp that up!
6. ... Good luck.