Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup
You will find a lot of soup recipes here because I've coined a term called chopping therapy in which you come home from a long hard day and just chop veggies until you're thrilled again. The whole family benefits from stress-chopping because then you have delicious soup at the end and everyone is back in a good mood. This is a fave - enjoy!
- 10 Carrots (or like... whatever you have in your fridge)
- 1 Yellow onion
- 3-4 inches of ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth (or veg broth, calm down everyone)
- S+P galore
Puttin it together:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel the carrots. Chop into large (about an inch long) chunks. #stressrelief
- Peel and chop the onion into chunks about the same size as the carrot. Are you in a better mood yet or what?
- Cut the ginger into 2 to 3 pieces. Don't worry about peeling it. #peelinggingerisnotastressrelief
- Place all the veg (plus ginger) in a pan, coating them with olive oil, S+P and cumin. Cook these til they're soft-ish (about 50 mins).
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and blitz in a blender using some coconut milk in each batch for consistency. I LOVE my immersion blender, but go for the real deal blender for this guy because nobody wants a mouthful of ginger.
- Transfer into a giant pot and add the rest of the coconut milk and the broth.
- Warm on low heat and eat it up!