Sweet Potato Peanut Soup
*This recipe is based extremely loosely on the rebar African Yam soup but anyone who knows me knows I can't follow a recipe worth a darn*
- 1 inch-ish of fresh ginger - peeled and chopped yo
- 4 cloves of garlic (but more like 6)
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of cayenne
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 yellow onion – chopped
- 2 biggie yams
- 2 little potatos
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 10 cups of veg broth
Puttin it together:
- Chop yellow onion and sauté in veg oil and garlic.
- After a few seconds, dump all spices in. Saute for a few mins.
- Then add chopped yam and potato and bring to boil. Reduce heat, let simmer for 30 mins or until yams are cooked.
- Add chopped cherry tomatoes and peanut butter.
- Let simmer for an additional 10-15 mins.
- Blend er up and serve with lots and lots of cracked pepper. YUM!